McKenney’s commitments to seniors’ well-being include:
- Protecting and improving Ottawa’s public services — like keeping all library branches open on Sundays, so seniors have a place to visit with their grandchildren and connect with friends
- Making Ottawa a safer place to walk by investing in more efficient snow clearing on sidewalks and more shade relief during heatwaves.
- Helping seniors stay in the communities they love, longer by facilitating the creation of more ‘naturally occurring retirement communities.’
- Build more affordable rental homes with multi-generational families in mind, to ensure seniors have a comfortable home with their children and grandchildren.
- Helping seniors get around Ottawa by making equitable investments and improvements to Para Transpo and implementing more affordable OC Transpo fare options.
- Work with local seniors organizations that provide creative and innovative solutions to help keep seniors active and connected.
Seniors built this community and it's our job to ensure they can age here with dignity.
McKenney plans to prioritize the diverse needs of all seniors in our city and their priorities — from addressing climate change, and affordable housing, to public transit.