Mayoral candidate Catherine McKenney calls for a culture change at City Hall.
September 28, 2022 (OTTAWA) — Today mayoral candidate Catherine McKenney unveiled their comprehensive plan to build a City Hall we can trust, including by curbing the influence of money at City Hall and increasing public participation in our decision-making. McKenney will make City affairs transparent and fiscally responsible, after a tumultuous few years that culminated in disappointments with the LRT and the City response to the convoy occupation.
“It’s time to get the influence of money out of City Hall. Our decisions should be influenced by people, not money,” said McKenney. “We deserve a City Hall we can trust. As Mayor, I’ll change the culture at City Hall to put people first and build a city that works for all of us.”
McKenney has outlined their full plan on reforming City politics — titled A City Hall we can Trust.
Catherine’s plan for a City Hall that works for you:
- Allow meaningful public participation in City decisions and budgeting.
- End the influence of money in Ottawa City politics
- Use fiscal anchors to protect Ottawa city finances
- Build a City Hall that works for all of Ottawa
- Introduce a Fair Wage Policy for any contractors, sub-contractors and suppliers doing business with the City
- Creating a Chief Architect for the City of Ottawa
Catherine McKenney is running for Mayor to make Ottawa the greenest, healthiest, and most connected city in Canada. For more information visit mckenney2022.ca
Heather Badenoch via [email protected] or 613-518-3170.