Catherine's plan for bold climate action
Catherine’s plan will set us all on a path to improve our lives and bring Ottawa to net-zero emissions by 2050.
Catherine’s plan will move Ottawa to net-zero emissions by 2050, boost climate resilience, and make it a better city to live in.
As Mayor, Catherine will work in partnership with Indigenous peoples in the development of climate mitigation strategies.
With Catherine as Mayor, we will live in a city with green buildings, safe walkable neighbourhoods, and a tree canopy that helps cool our homes. Our city will offer bike infrastructure, electric vehicle charging stations, and transit that is good for the planet and works for people.
Pillars of the plan:
- Preserving and growing the greenspace we need
- Greening buildings to reduce emissions and save on energy costs
- Improving waste diversion
- Building healthy, walkable communities
- Installing electric charging stations across the city
- Ending costly urban sprawl
- Strengthening resilience for our city, by adapting to a changing climate
- Introducing good governance and accountability around climate action
- Partnering with Indigenous communities
- Mobilizing Ottawa’s business community for climate action
- Supporting local agriculture